Tuition Assistance Steps And Key Dates for 2016-17
To apply for tuition assistance, you are required to submit a Bishop O’Dowd High School Tuition Assistance Application and also a Private School Aid Service (PSAS) form. PSAS does not grant tuition assistance. PSAS is the service we use to help us to assess need for each family.
There are two options for completing the tuition assistance application process:
- You can submit both forms and documentation online
- You can instead deliver both forms and documentation directly to the school.
Please refer to the documentation checklist included in the Bishop O’Dowd High School Tuition Assistance Application and the PSAS form for detailed instructions regarding all documentation.
Whether you select the online option or the delivery to school option, we will need:
- One copy of all pages of your federal tax return (no state returns please). We will accept either your 2014 or your 2015 federal tax return.
Whether you submit the 2014 or the 2015 federal tax return, we will need along with it copies of all 2015 W-2 forms for wage-earning adults on the application. Failure to provide all required documentation may result in a hold on your application which could remove it from consideration.
- Both applications must be filled out completely, including all required documentation, and be submitted on or before February 4, 2016 for incoming freshmen and transfer students, and on or before February 11, 2016 for returning students.
If you apply online:
- Please use the online application from PSAS and upload or fax all required documents directly to PSAS as per their instructions.
- Once you have completed the PSAS application, submitted $27 online (this is the charge for PSAS online applications) and provided your documents to PSAS, please complete and email a copy of the Bishop O’Dowd High School Tuition Assistance Application by itself (without the documentation) to email@example.com.
- You must DOWNLOAD this PDF of the Bishop O’Dowd High School Tuition Assistance Application and save it to your computer before filling it out.
- To properly complete the form and ensure the information is recorded correctly, you must open it within Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. Do not “view” the PDF of the Bishop O’Dowd High School Tuition Assistance Application and attempt to complete it in your browser. This will result in an unusable PDF and/or improperly recorded information.
- Upon receiving your completed Bishop O’Dowd High School Tuition Assistance Application via email, we will go online and verify that your PSAS application is also complete, and send you a return email confirming receipt.
If you prefer to deliver both forms and documentation directly to the school:
- Please bring a copy of the completed PSAS form and a copy of the completed Bishop O’Dowd High School Tuition Assistance Application, along with photocopies of all required documentation, to the Business Office in Dominican Hall. This way, we can review all of your information to ensure the application is complete.
- Please include a check for $31.00 made out to Private School Aid Service (this is the PSAS charge for applications not completed online).
- We will forward your completed form to PSAS along with your documentation and payment for processing. Only one copy of the documentation is needed. We do not need a separate copy to accompany each form.
- The best time to visit us is between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on school days.
- You must DOWNLOAD both PDF forms and save them to your computer before filling them out. To properly complete the forms and ensure the information is recorded correctly, you must open them within Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. Do not “view” the PDF forms and attempt to complete them in your browser. This will result in an unusable PDF and/or improperly recorded information.
Printed copies of these forms will be available in the Business Office in Dominican Hall starting January 5, 2016.
If tuition assistance is granted, the following is required, in order to dispense monthly tuition assistance:
- The student maintains good academic standing and follows academic probation stipulations if this becomes a necessity.
- The student’s behavior, attendance, and tardy record, as well as effort applied to study, is acceptable to the school’s administration.
- The student’s tuition account is current.
- The student and his/her family will participate in and help with school events and campus activities each semester of the school year by initiating contact with the Dragon Parent Group, the Student Activities Office and/or the Advancement and Admissions offices.
- The student and family will strive to have positive communication and interaction with the school administration, teachers, staff and other personnel, an expectation of all families in the O’Dowd community.
- The student will assist with efforts to personalize our fundraising requests and donor interactions.
If you receive a tuition assistance award, you are required to sign a statement accepting the award and agreeing to the requirements noted above.
Failure to keep your tuition account current may result in the loss of tuition assistance and the suspension of enrollment.
Tuition assistance decision letters will be mailed with acceptance letters to incoming freshmen in March.
Returning students will receive their tuition assistance decision letters by the end of May. Please make a note of these dates.
If you have any questions please call Nancy MacKinnon at 510-577-9100 ext. 171.