Dear Prospective Students and Families,
Welcome to Bishop O’Dowd High School! We are excited for you to join the O’Dowd community and eager to help you get acquainted. We encourage you to use the resources on this page to help you with important deadlines and procedures for getting started at O’Dowd.
O’Dowd Back-to-School Guide
2020-2021 Key Dates, Nuts and Bolts for Families. View Back to School Guide (7.22.20 update).
Navigating O’Dowd Packet: Everything you need to know to get ready for the school year.
Placement Tests: Results will be emailed to families by the end of May.
An email will be sent in May allowing you to sign up to meet your counselor in August.
Check your browser and use Google Chrome or Firefox.
Access your Admissions Portal here to enroll.
Enrollment Guide: Everything you need to know about enrollment!
Enrollment at O’Dowd – FAQ: Answers to your most important enrollment questions.
Parent Pledge Program
We are grateful to have you in our community and appreciate your support of the school through the Parent Pledge Program. Committing to the Parent Pledge Program is an essential step in the enrollment process that ensures the highest quality education for your students. Read more about the Parent Pledge Program here.
Questions about the Parent Pledge: Contact Karolyn Cherryhomes, in the Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 577-9100 x304
Questions about Financial Aid? Contact Nancy MacKinnon at email@example.com.
Shop & Order
(We would encourage you to familiarize yourself with the Student & Parents page under the My O’Dowd navigation as your future source for quick links.)
Key 2020 Dates
June 1, 2020
- Uniform orders should be placed to ensure delivery by the start of school.
- Immunization test due to the school’s Main Office.
- Complete online Athletic Registration Form
June 17 – July 10
- Summer Academy: High School Prep (M-F) See our Summer Academy website for more information about the High School Prep program.
- Online Bookstore launches for students to purchase or rent textbooks
- Final official transcript due
- Summer Counseling Meetings for Freshmen and Families (look for an email in May to schedule your counseling appointment)
- Frosh Orientation, online 9:00am – noon. Zoom links will be sent in August 5 Weekly
- First day of classes for all students
- Partners in Parenting: Supporting Your Student In Remote Learning
Visit our Partners in Parenting page for RSVP links to all events.