Thank you for your interest in the O’Dowd community. An O’Dowd education provides a college preparatory experience that is profound in its impact, preparing students to achieve their personal goals as well as create positive change for a more just, joyful, and sustainable world.
Uniquely located in the heart of the East Bay, O’Dowd offers transformative, college-preparatory learning infused with our charism values: community in diversity, strength of character, academic excellence, kinship with creation, social justice, and joy. With 1,220 students and a community of care and belonging, we are just the right size for students to create new friendships and grow from extraordinary programs that challenge their intellectual, moral, and personal growth.
As you explore O’Dowd, I am confident you will find joy through:
- Skillful teachers who provide broad and deep college preparatory learning anchored in Catholic values that strengthen intellect, character, resilience, and spiritual wisdom.
- An authentically diverse community that broadens perspectives, social-emotional intelligence, creativity, and self-confidence in a rapidly changing world.
- Unmatched focus on sustainability and social justice that nurtures kinship with creation through the Center for Environmental Studies and the four-acre Living Lab.
- Excellence in a robust selection of co-curricular programs – athletics, campus ministry, debate, and performing and visual arts – that cultivate friendship, teamwork, creativity, growth and joy.
- Exceptional counseling and supportive programs that foster independence, self-advocacy, and confidence for college and beyond.
- A joyful, inclusive community that finds God in all persons and things.
While there are a number of excellent schools in the Bay Area, O’Dowd’s charism values and constellation of programs uniquely develop students and graduates who create positive change through contribution to the common good.
We encourage you to connect with students and teachers, ask questions about their experiences, and discover if O’Dowd’s unique community is the right fit for your family.
Welcome to O’Dowd.
JAMES CHILDS, M.A., M.Ed.