O’DOWD SAFE RETURN PLAN
- Mission Alignment The plan aligns with O’Dowd’s mission and charism.
- Health and Safety The plan prioritizes the social-emotional and physical health and safety of all students, families, faculty, and staff. O’Dowd will ensure hygiene- and health-related policies are clearly communicated, effectively implemented, and diligently enforced.
- Continuity and Quality of Learning and Community Life With the formation of students in mind, O’Dowd’s safe return plans seek to ensure continuity and quality of learning and community life, with a preference for in-person learning as public health conditions allow.
- Social Connection The plan allows for authentic connection among students and teachers, both in classes and through co-curricular experiences.
- Flexibility and Versatility The plan is flexible and allows the school to move between in-person, remote, and hybrid learning based on changing circumstances and guidance from the California Department of Public Health, Alameda County Public Health Department, Alameda County Office of Education, and Diocese of Oakland.
- Regular Communication The school communicates regularly with all stakeholders for transparency, clarity, and accountability about planning, implementing, and changes to the plan.