Bishop O’Dowd High School holds Commencement and other celebrations as time-honored senior traditions – events that bring our community together to celebrate student accomplishments as they complete their four years at O’Dowd and prepare for college and life.
Class of 2021 Celebrations
🙌 Senior Futures Social Media Celebration Share your future! We have created a campaign that we are sharing across O’Dowd’s social media channels – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter – to celebrate you all. Soon you will be starting new journeys in college, work, travel, and other arenas. See gallery below (below Spotlight.)
💡Senior Spotlight Seniors, we are so proud of your creativity, talent, persistence, and especially your resilience during this time! To celebrate you, we created an online Senior Spotlight gallery, see below, highlighting your favorite high school memories and some fun facts.
May 15, 7:00pm-9:00pm
💃 15 – Senior Formal Social on campus. Celebrate your senior year under the stars!
May 19, 6:00-8:30pm
🌅 Senior Sunset
May 20, 6:30pm-7:30pm
🏆 Senior Awards Ceremony on the Quad for award recipients and their parents only. View the program/recipients.
May 24, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
🎬 Senior Movie Night on the Quad for seniors.
May 28, 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Baccalaureate Mass was held at Cathedral of Christ the Light. View the Mass at this Livestream recording
May 29, 11:00am – 1:00pm, Saturday
🎓🎉🏆🙏 Graduation Day!
- Posed photos by Dorian are available for pre-order here (read “Preview image online” note that is there for when previews will be available.)
- Other photos taken by alum parent Dennis Mockel, and others, are in these Google Photo albums: Photos before & After ceremony, and Photos during ceremony. (There are over a thousand so we split them up.)
(use controls below slideshow, in dot-dot-dot menu, to control autoplay.)
College and Post-Graduation Plans
The ongoing circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic have impacted our plans for in-person events this year. O’Dowd is following the State of California and Alameda County Public Health Department’s guidance for graduation published in March 2021 that conforms to the state of California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy (pages 5-6) which provides the following guidance regarding gatherings and which limits the size of gatherings in each tier. Accordingly, O’Dowd will abide by the following guidelines, effective April 1, 2021:
- Purple/Widespread: 100 people or fewer, Regional visitors (120 miles), Advanced reservations only
- Red/Substantial: Max 20%,
- Orange/Moderate: Max 33%, weekly employee testing program, in-state visitors only (check for current CDPH Travel Advisory in effect), Max 67% if all guests are tested or show proof of full vaccination
- Yellow/Minimal: Max 67%, In-state visitors only (check for current CDPH Travel Advisory in effect)
We will update information about all events on this page – including dates, times, safety protocols, and event formats – as more details become available.