What Do the Dragon Parents Do?
Our children’s academic, spiritual, emotional and social growth during their time at O’Dowd is supported by a dedicated team of people: faculty, administrators, coaches, and of course — us, the parents! The Dragon Parents believe this special combination of people, talent, and commitment is what makes our school community so strong and vibrant.
Our primary focus is engaging the parent community to support and increase O’Dowd’s capacity to deliver the exceptional programs and events which are so valuable to our students. Many important school initiatives are boosted by “volunteer power.”
Specific programs initiated by Dragon Parents include: freshman mentor parent newsletters, teacher appreciation events, parent mixers, TeacherTalks@O’Dowd and much more.
We’ve seen that every parent has something unique to contribute and that your participation enhances the educational experience of every student. Of course, we always welcome your ideas about our programs and goals. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many ways to help our students, faculty and school by volunteering your time and talents. When you registered your student(s), you indicated your volunteer interests. The Dragon Parents volunteer coordinator will notify you when appropriate opportunities arise. If you’re eager to get started, email email@example.com or visit the iVolunteer website.
- Help to plan or volunteer at the Crab & Pasta Feed
- Bake brownies for prospective families
- Chaperone a college trip with the Career Partnership Program
- Spend a day at a homeless shelter with the sophomores
- Be a team parent for a sports team
- Serve as a freshman mentor parent
- Cook a pot of soup for the teachers
- Help with visual art, drama and music happenings
- Share career advice at an Evening with the Professionals
- Help with tutoring, counseling, mailings, or administrative tasks
- Take photos at events