A High School Placement Test (HSPT®) is required for all students applying to 9th and 10th grade. The Diocese of Oakland will administer the HSPT at each of the nine East Bay Catholic high schools, including at O’Dowd, on January 20, 2018. All students applying to a diocesan school must register for the HSPT test online. Parents will receive a copy of their child’s Student Score Report via email directly from Scholastic Testing Service, the afternoon of March 16, 2018. To learn more about Scholastic Testing Service and the HSPT click here.
If you have not registered to take the HSPT, please contact the O’Dowd Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may ONLY take the HSPT at a school(s) to which you have applied. If you are applying to another Oakland Diocese Catholic secondary school please indicate that you plan to take the HSPT at another preferred location. Please register by January 10, 2018. Testing fees are included in the application. Location of testing does not impact the admissions decision but we require students to take the HSPT at one of the schools they intend to apply to.
HSPT Extended Time: Students who qualify for extended time may upload extended time documentation via their admissions portal once they submitted an application to O’Dowd. Student with EXTENDED time will be given time and a half to complete the HSPT exam.
Testing Time: 8:30 – 12:30 p.m.
Extended Testing Time: 8:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Testing Day Information at O’Dowd
- Arrive early to allow for traffic and a calm start to the day.
- The exam will begin promptly at 8:30 am for ALL Students. Your name will be posted in last name alpha order with a corresponding classroom number outside the school building adjacent to the quad.
- Find your name and one of our Dragon Ambassadors will assist you in finding your classroom.
- Students with EXTENDED TIME should arrive by 8:00. Please note that students who require extended time must upload all formal documentation via the O’Dowd application portal by January 10, 2018.
- No electronic devices, including calculators, phones, or tablets, are allowed for any purpose while taking the HSPT unless you have documentation specifying an accommodation.