At Bishop O’Dowd High School, we believe that intellectual and cognitive diversity enriches our campus community. We welcome students from a broad spectrum of learning profiles and provide resources that allow students to contribute fully to our school. The LD/ADHD services at O’Dowd are designed to support students with documented learning disabilities and/or attention deficit through a team-based approach. The LD/ADHD supports are coordinated by a full-time, specialized counselor.
- Preferential seating.
- Extended time on teacher-designed assessments and assignments
- Use of laptop/computer for written output
- Text-to-speech resources (e.g., audio files of books)
Our LD/ADHD services encompass:
- An interface for close collaboration between students, their families, and the school
- Design and documentation of appropriate and feasible accommodations.
- Referrals and consultation regarding psycho-educational and related evaluations.
- Facilitation of requests for accommodations on standardized tests such as the SAT or ACT.
- Support and counseling for the application and transition process to college.